My all-time favourite traditional breakfast or brunch dish. It’s called Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon topped with Poached Eggs and Hollandaise Sauce.
Making Eggs Benedict required care and patience. I keep on practicing this dish to make it perfect. I always asked my wife if my poached eggs are runny. I messed up a lot of time making this dish. If you messed up the first try. It’s okay. Keep on practicing and don’t give up. Hope you try this amazing recipe.
Egg Benedict with Smoked Salmon Recipe
- 1 English Muffin, Split
- 4 Slices of Smoked Salmon
- Dried Parsley Flakes
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
- 1/3 Cup of Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon of Tarragon Vinegar
For the Poached Eggs:
- 2 Fresh Eggs
- A pinch of Himalayan Salt
1. Prepare the hollandaise sauce. Melt the unsalted butter in a small pot over a medium heat.
2. Fill a large saucepan with water over a rolling boil / double boiler. Make sure the water is simmering. Use a glass bowl that fits perfectly on top of the saucepan.
3. Place the egg yolks, tarragon vinegar and lemon juice in a glass bowl. Whisk constantly and streams the melted butter slowly until the sauce thicken.
4. Remove the glass bowl and season it with salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Next, you have to poach the egg. I’m using Chef Heston Blumenthal method. Use the previous large saucepan and place a side plate upside down over a medium heat and bring to a 80°C. Do not season the water.
6. Use a large slotted spoon with small holes over a small ramekin. Crack the egg onto the slotted spoon and place the egg into the ramekin. Gently pour the egg into the water and cook for 4 minutes.
7. While the egg is cooking. Slice the muffin and spread butter on each side of the muffin. Toast the muffin in a skillet over a medium heat.
8. Use the slotted spoon to remove the egg from the water. Drain off any excess water. Gently place the egg on a paper towel. Lightly season it with salt.
9. To assemble, place one piece of the muffin on a plate. Place 2 slices of smoked salmon and poached eggs on top of that. Finish the whole thing off with some hollandaise sauce and pinch of dried parsley flakes.
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and post it on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to hashtag it at #burnedstoves. We love to see your amazing creations.